Katja joined Kegler Brown in 2013 and focuses predominantly in the global business practice area, focusing on the European market. A native of Germany, Katja maintains a diverse international background. Graduating from Juristische Fakultät (law school) University of Passau, Germany, she spent a year at Capital University Law School, participating in the study abroad program before finishing her degree in Germany. Katja returned to Ohio to graduate from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law with a concentration in business law, receiving her LL.M. in 2012. She also specializes in the employee relations area with an emphasis on representing employers in workers’ compensation issues.
Katja’s international roots and extensive business background have helped her establish a great deal of experience working with companies that have global operations. She advises clients with business transactions, contract negotiation, entity selection, formation and structuring. Katja is well-versed in all aspects of business creation and preservation, which she applies when counseling global clients.
Katja helps guide our public and private university clients through the complex regulatory and funding process involved in global expansion. While addressing the complex contractual, tax and regulatory issues at play in a particular country or region, Katja works with educational leaders and university counsel to develop and execute new market (entry) strategies, implement project development initiatives, and establish education support services or recruiting initiatives.
Katja assists Ohio employers with all aspects of workers’ compensation matters, including representing employers at administrative hearings and employer depositions. She advises clients with respect to their workers’ compensation programs and regularly defends employers in claims.
- Emerging Businesses
- Employee Relations
- Franchise + Distribution
- Global Business
- Health Care
- IP Strategy + Consulting
- Mergers + Acquisitions
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (LL.M., 2012)
- Juristische Fakultät (law school), Universität Passau (2011)
- Capital University Law School (Study Abroad Program, 2007-2008)
- LL.M Advisory Council, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, co-chair
- Kegler Brown Women Lawyers’ Initiative Organization, co-chair
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA), member
- Columbus International Program, board member
- Columbus Bar Association, International Lawyers Committee, member
- German-American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest, member
- Selected to the 2017 Ohio Rising Star list by Super Lawyers
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Mentoring and More, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, mentor