Phyllis has substantial experience in intellectual property transactional diligence, global patent and trademark portfolio management, clearance searching and IP litigation support. With nearly 25 years of legal experience in various areas of practice, Phyllis also coordinates national franchise compliance for the firm’s franchisor clients, including the preparation of federal disclosure documents and associated state regulatory filings.
She obtained a Paralegal Certificate, as well as an Advanced Specialty Certificate in Intellectual Property, Corporate and Bankruptcy from the American Institute for Paralegal Studies. Phyllis is a graduate of Bliss College, where she earned an associate’s degree in applied business and has also continued her education at several schools, including Clark State Community College in Springfield, Ohio; Columbus State Community College; and The Ohio State University. She is an associate member of the Columbus Bar Association, a member of the Paralegal Association of Central Ohio, the National Federation of Paralegal Associations, an associate member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the International Trademark Association.
- Emerging Businesses
- Franchise + Distribution
- Global Business
- IP Strategy + Consulting
- The American Institute for Paralegal Studies (Paralegal Certificate, 2002)
- Bliss College (A.S., 1993)
- Columbus Bar Association, associate member
- International Trademark Association, associate member
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, associate member
- Paralegal Association of Central Ohio, member