Legal Seminar for Credit Professionals
This year’s seminar is combined with an international business and construction legal program. This annual seminar, presented by Kegler Brown in conjunction with NACM – Great Lakes Region and American Subcontractors Association, is the premier legal conference for credit managers in central Ohio.
The morning session (9:00 - 11:30 a.m.) will have one track that will cover topics including, but not limited to:
- due diligence on the foreign borrower/customer;
- understanding the business and corporate structure of the foreign borrower to better cross-collateralize and obtain guarantees of payment;
- letters of credit; and
- export credit insurance.
Lunch will be served immediately following the morning session.
The afternoon session (1:00 - 5:15 p.m.) will have three activity tracks, from which each participant can choose throughout the conference. The program will feature topics including, but not limited to:
- developments and trends in credit/collections;
- legal issues relating to contracting;
- understanding “pay-if-paid”, “pay-when-paid”;
- dealing with bankruptcies of your customers and suppliers; and
- best practices for use of collection agencies, credit applications, follow-up calls and what to expect in collection litigation.
This year’s event will be held at an exciting new venue – The Quest Conference Center at 8405 Pulsar Place in Columbus (off I-71). Room block is available at the Hampton Inn & Suites at Polaris. You can make a reservation by calling (614) 885-8400 and mentioning Kegler Brown Hill + Ritter.
Quest Conference Center
8405 Pulsar Place
Columbus, Ohio, 43240
Please register by contacting Ashton Lahman, email@example.com or (614) 255-5515. The seminar is free to attend for Kegler Brown clients. Deadline for registration is Friday, October 18th.