Duffee focuses his practice primarily in the areas of business, intellectual property, estate planning and employee benefits; he joined Kegler Brown in 2006.
Eric advises both new and established businesses in matters related to entity formation and structure, contract drafting and negotiation, and the fiduciary duties of an organization’s directors and officers. He also counsels clients in issues regarding succession planning and buy-sell agreements.
Mergers + Acquisitions
Eric advises buyers and sellers in acquisition transactions, including mergers, asset purchases, stock purchases and reorganizations (both domestic and international). He also has experience in deal structuring and negotiation and regularly counsels clients on all legal aspects of business combinations.
Eric focuses his intellectual property practice on issues involving trademarks, copyrights, software agreements, and license drafting and negotiation.
Eric counsels clients on estate planning and wealth transfer strategies, helping them identify, protect and preserve their assets. Eric has particular experience in designing and implementing family limited partnerships/family limited liability companies.
Eric also works in the firm’s Employee Benefits + ERISA practice, in which he advises clients in issues involving executive compensation, deferred compensation, stock options and other equity awards.
- Emerging Businesses
- Estate Planning + Business Succession
- Global Business
- Health Care
- IP Strategy + Consulting
- Mergers + Acquisitions
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Drake University (B.A., 2003)
- American Bar Association, member
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating of AV
- Selected as an “Ohio Rising Star” by Law & Politics magazine
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- City of Bexley Charter Review Commission, member (November 2009 through March 2011)
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 2012
- Mentoring and More, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, mentor
- “Tax Savings Strategies During Acquisitions” and “Structuring and Drafting the Acquisition Agreement,” presented at the National Business Institute’s Helping Your Client Buy or Sell a Small-to-Medium Sized Business on October 18, 2011
- “Tax Implications of the Deal Structure” and “Ethics in M&A,” presented at the National Business Institute’s Mergers and Acquisitions: Nuts and Bolts on December 9, 2010
- Sports reporter and photographer for two commercial television stations in Des Moines, Iowa from 2000-2002
- Production assistant for ABC News coverage of the 2000 Iowa Caucuses