Kegler practices primarily in the areas of Business + Tax, Mergers + Acquisitions and Estate Planning. He joined the firm in 1968.
As chair of the area, Chuck has extensive experience with advising clients regarding corporate and business planning, including implementing transactions having tax planning implications relating to C corporations, S corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships. Additionally, business formation, shareholder agreements, complex partnerships and limited company agreements, as well as confidentiality and non-competition agreements, constitute a significant portion of his practice.
Mergers + Acquisitions
Chuck also has substantial experience in advising clients on complex business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, recapitalizations, reorganizations and joint ventures. He advises sellers and buyers, as well as private equity groups, sponsoring leveraged recapitalizations and reorganizations. Chuck’s experience encompasses representing a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, health care distribution, restaurant, franchising, retail, building and construction materials, technology, advertising and marketing, and professional services.
For more than 40 years, Chuck has been advising private companies and their owners regarding estate and succession planning. His experience includes structuring and implementing sophisticated estate planning strategies, including GRATs, dynasty trusts, sales to grantor trusts, family limited partnerships, and LLCs and family foundations.
- Emerging Businesses
- Estate Planning + Business Succession
- Global Business
- Mergers + Acquisitions
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1968)
- The Ohio State University (B.S., 1965)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Tax Court
- American Bar Association, Taxation, Corporation, Banking and Business Law sections, member
- Columbus Bar Association, Business Tax and Estate Planning + Probate committees, member
- Columbus Foundation, Legal Advisory committee, member
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Honored by Chambers USA for expertise in Corporate/M+A
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating of AV
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- Recognized as an Ohio Super Lawyer® by Law & Politics magazine since 2004
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- Upper Arlington Rotary, member
Lectured at numerous tax planning and business law programs, including the Annual Federal Taxation Conferences for the Continuing Legal Education Program at the Ohio Legal Center, the Columbus Tax Conference and American Bar Association Probate and Trust Law CLE meeting
- Member of the Legal Advisory Committee of the Columbus Foundation since 1992
- Served as president of the Columbus Bar Foundation (1991-1992)