Construction Law AssociatesColumbus
Kegler Brown’s dynamic construction law practice keeps growing and is searching for associate-level attorneys with exceptional writing skills and real world experience in construction, architecture or engineering.
Opportunity: The right candidates will have the opportunity to work closely with our clients across a wide range of construction matters, with a keen focus on creative and pragmatic problem solving.
Confidentiality: We respect your privacy and will keep any and all contact by you in strict confidence.
Our Practice: Our practice is one of the most highly regarded in the state of Ohio and is frequently selected to represent clients on the most high-profile projects in the region, including most recently the award-winning Scioto Greenways Project and the new Ohio Veterans Memorial and Museum project in downtown Columbus. Our attorneys also serve as general counsel for numerous international construction trade associations, including the American Subcontractors Association (ASA), the Association of the Wall and Ceiling Industry (AWCI), the National Ground Water Association (NGWA), and the Steel Framing Industry Association (SFIA). This experience has placed our attorneys on the cutting edge of industry developments.
Industry Experience: Our attorneys have long been at the forefront of construction law developments and have successfully:
- Won the recent landmark liquidated damages case in the Ohio Supreme Court
- Served as project counsel on Ohio's largest highway, school, stadium and arena projects
- Negotiated and drafted widely accepted trade association contract documents
- Written and passed important Ohio construction legislation, such as the Prompt Payment Act and Fairness in Construction Contracting Act
- Won the landmark competitive bidding case in Ohio
- Established the Spearin doctrine in Ohio
- Defended and prosecuted complex multi-million-dollar claims in all venues on a regular basis
- Scioto Mile: We represented a public/private partnership on an exciting 145-acre riverfront redevelopment project that serves as the crown jewel in the revitalization of Downtown Columbus.
- Columbus Commons: This challenging demolition project in the heart of downtown Columbus yielded a jewel of a park in an important urban setting. The high visibility project was concluded timely and on budget, with no legal disputes, and will hopefully encourage further revitalization of the city core.
- Penta Career Center: Taxpayers generously funded a cutting-edge 400,000 square foot joint vocational school - larger than any in the state and perhaps even the country. Employing creative contracting techniques, including Quick Pay, allowed the school to open an entire school year early, on budget and with no construction claims or disputes.
- Butler Regional Highway: This was the largest highway contract ever issued in Ohio - to connect I-75 to downtown Hamilton. The project was completed under budget and open to the public 18 months early with no disputes. The project was named “federal highway of the year” and yielded a substantial early completion incentive bonus for the contractor.
Contact: Please reach out directly to practice chair Don Gregory (firstname.lastname@example.org | 614-462-5416) with your qualifications and experience, including a resume and a description of any relevant project email@example.com