Our construction area is well-regarded nationally and has a strong statewide presence. We emphasize practical advice and cost-effective results built upon solid relationships and vast industry experience.
We thoroughly understand the entire construction process, from design to punchlist.
- Responsibility + Responsiveness
- Mistaken Bids
- Conditional Bids
- Review and revision of AIA, AGC, ConsensusDOCS and other trade association forms
- Design-Build, Construction Manager, Architect, Contractor and Subcontractor Agreements
- Special clauses, including Green Building, No Damage for Delay and Contingent Payment
Our attorneys have long been at the forefront of construction law developments and have successfully:
- Served as project counsel on Ohio's largest highway, school, stadium and arena projects
- Negotiated and drafted widely accepted trade association contract documents
- Written and passed important Ohio construction legislation, such as the Prompt Payment Act and Fairness in Construction Contracting Act
- Won the landmark competitive bidding case in Ohio
- Established the Spearin doctrine in Ohio
- Defended and prosecuted complex multi-million-dollar claims in all venues on a regular basis
Serving the Construction Industry
Our attorneys serve as general counsel for numerous international construction trade associations, including the American Subcontractors Association (ASA), the Association of the Wall and Ceiling Industry (AWCI), the National Ground Water Association (NGWA), and the Steel Framing Industry Association (SFIA). This experience has provided unparalleled insight and has placed our attorneys on the cutting edge of industry developments.
For more information on our bidding and contract services for the construction industry, contact Don Gregory.