Jason began practicing law in 2009 after a career in the arts community. He focuses his litigation practice in the areas of probate litigation, business litigation, and legal ethics and malpractice. He has been honored as a Rising Star in Ohio by SuperLawyers for 2014, 2015 and 2016.
In the probate litigation field, Jason has served as primary trial attorney in will contest actions, trust actions, guardianship litigation, and lawsuits alleging the concealment or embezzlement of estate or trust assets.
Jason has represented clients at all phases of business litigation in both state and federal courts, often serving as lead trial attorney. He has litigated breach of contract cases, claims involving breach of fiduciary duties, and business ownership disputes. He has briefed numerous cases in Ohio appellate courts, and drafted briefs for several cases before the Ohio Supreme Court. In 2012, he briefed, argued, and won Wurdlow v. Turvy, 10th Dist. No. 12AP-25, 2012-Ohio-4378. In 2009 and 2010, he assisted in briefing and oral argument preparation for the Respondent in a federal court jurisdiction case before the U.S. Supreme Court, Levin v. Commerce Energy, 130 S. Ct. 2323 (2010). Jason is well-versed in the law regarding electronic discovery, and has managed all stages of the electronic discovery process for numerous cases, including two cases involving multi-million dollar damages claims.
Jason has also represented attorneys involved in disciplinary inquiries and proceedings, as well as attorneys accused of legal malpractice. He is a regular contributor to the Ohio Legal Ethics blog, and has presented CLE programs across the state regarding legal ethics and professionalism.
- Estate Planning + Business Succession
- IP Strategy + Consulting
- Real Estate
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Ohio Wesleyan University (B.A., 2000)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- American Bar Association, member
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- Federal Bar Association, Columbus Chapter, membership chair
- Selected to the Ohio Rising Star list by Super Lawyers, 2014-2017
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- MadLab Theatre Company, board treasurer
- Thurber House Literary Center, Board of Trustees, member + immediate past president