Victoria has represented U.S. and foreign companies in complex commercial litigation, dispute resolution, and management of e-discovery. From serving as co-chair at multiple jury trials to advising clients doing business in her native Colombia, Victoria’s litigation practice reflects the unique and diverse experiences of her life. Before relocating to Ohio with her family, Victoria spent years as a public defender in Arizona first assigned to capital habeas appeals and later trying major felony cases.
Prior to practicing law, Victoria was an industrial engineer in the technology and automotive sectors and a competitive figure skater. Victoria joined Kegler Brown in 2016.
Victoria is well-versed in managing a case from its beginning phases to a judgment or settlement, taking responsibility for research, motion writing, trial preparation, mediation and arbitration. Most recently, she has litigated copyright infringement cases in the construction sector, data security and privacy claims in the banking sector, and breach of contract disputes in the medical sector.
Global Practice + Latin America
Victoria’s fluency in Spanish and her education and work experience in Latin America allow her to help U.S. and foreign companies navigate through transnational disputes and issues of foreign law. Victoria has helped American companies with interests in Latin countries as well as foreign entities litigating matters in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
- Arizona State University Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law (J.D. 2007)
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia (B.S. 2000)
- U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County (WLFC)
- Women for Economic and Leadership Development (WELD), Leadership Series Committee, co-chair
- “Top Lawyers Under 40 Award,” Hispanic National Bar Association (2017)
- “40 Under 40 Award,” Phoenix Business Journal (2011)
- “Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys in Arizona,” Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education (2010)
- “Outstanding Young Lawyer,” State Bar of Arizona (2009)
- “New Attorney of the Year,” Volunteer Lawyers Program of Maricopa County (2009)
- “Outstanding Volunteer Award,” Arizona Justice Project (2007)
Charitable + Civic Involvement
- A Kid Again, Central Ohio Chapter, Board of Directors, chair
- Community Legal Services of Arizona, VP of the Board of Directors (2011-2013)
- Spanish (native)